My photo
mother. wife. photographer. friend. lover of life. animal defender. reader. traveler. boho girl. risk-taker. dreamer. mistake maker. flawed, but perfectly.

07 August 2008

Horse and Jockey

I once read somewhere that The Horse and Jockey, in South Pasadena, is a little piece of England in America. I enjoyed my first evening here on the night of August 1st. Our good friends Lea and Emma had a gathering of mates to celebrate them becoming the new owners. They have been frequenting the English Pub for five years now and are very excited about their new venture.



Horse and Jockey




Lea is ready to pour you a pint!


Emma and her mum Elaine!

It was a gathering of friends and regulars and there were many tales to be told. I had the pleasure of being told some of these tales and now I'm going to share them with you.

Meet Greg (a pilot from Maylaysia) and Ted (a local)! These two gentleman met here tonight at the pub . Greg was in town visiting his mom and was driving through the parking lot yesterday and spotted Ted and his fantastic cowboy boots. This inspired Ted to run out that day and buy a pair of boots himself. Yes, really! They then ran into each other at the pub the following night and I was there to document it. So here is Greg and Ted and their boots!


Greg!


Ted!



Wendi and I! Cheers matey!



This is Craig and Dickey with Lea at the end of the night. Craig and Dickey were a surprise! They had just coached my kids at the Eckerd College Soccer Camp a few weeks ago and here they were at the pub.




Another great story. This is Molly! She is 98! Yes, 98! And a spitfire. She pulled me over and told me that she never drinks and she had just enjoyed a glass of bubbly (giggle) and that she may need a hand or two to walk her out later. She was beautiful and such a delight!


At the end of the night, I was able to pull Lea and Emma together for a snap. They're so adorable and such great people, this place is going to Rock!

No comments: