My photo
mother. wife. photographer. friend. lover of life. animal defender. reader. traveler. boho girl. risk-taker. dreamer. mistake maker. flawed, but perfectly.

01 May 2009

A Wonderful Studio Opening and Benefit - St. Petersburg

Oh My Gosh!!! I couldn't have asked for a better turn out. This past Wednesday evening was the "4th Street Dreams" Studio/Gallery grand opening and benefit for the Children's Dream Fund. It was amazing! Our neighbors, Pinky's Painted Cottage and the Northeast Pyramid Barber teamed up with us to create a really great night in St. Petersburg. There must have been about 150 people who turned out over the course of the evening and we've already raised over $1000 for the Dream Fund and we're not done counting.

Kaylee, owner of Pinky's Painted Cottage, and I pulled together some of 4th Streets most popular retailers and restaurants to have a great selection of raffle prizes and silent auction items for the event. A big thanks to the following for your amazing contributions:

Pinky's Painted Cottage, Uncorked, Embellish
Stellie Bellies, The Shop
Red Mesa (who also provided a good portion of the amazing food)
Game On, EVO's, Marion's, Starbuck's
Cold Stone Creamery, Hooker Tea Company , Nature of Art Gallery
Gumby's Pizza
Salon Jim Botts
Divine Glassworks
Bowled, Let's Eat, Chik-Fil-A, Divine Doggie
Janet Forbing (massage therapist)
One Lucky Dog, The Great Frame Up, J. Con Salon Spa
Reno Beach Surf Shop

Thanks to Raffi Darrow, of RDesign, for helping us with press releases and our great flyers and Jon La Budde, of Reno Beach Surf Shop, for including our event in his weekly e-mail Burg Blast!
The cupcakes being served in Pinky's were provided by The Cupcake Spot, Yum!

Thank you to friend and fellow photographer Stu Rosenbaum for taking pictures for me!

Alan, at the Great Frame Up on 4th Street, for embracing me and my photograhy and surrounding my prints with your amazing frames. I so look forward to working with you!!

Red Mesa and friend Krista for providing most of the food for the evening, and the amazing Amy Beers Martucci for an absolutely stellar job at serving and replenishing and cleaning up the food and beverages the entire evening!!


Thank you all so much!!


I personally must thank so many incredible people who have helped me to get this studio pulled together and ready to do business. Here it goes:-)
My incredible husband, Michael Sharkey, my parents, Steve and Francine, amazing friends, Kevin, Rod, Wendi, Lea, Britt, my best friend and amazing sister, Natasha.

Thank you to Stella of Stellie Bellies for letting us know about this great location that was available! It all started with you!

Our landscaper Derek who really made an impact with the curb appeal, Mike from Fast Signs in Tyrone and his staff for creating a beautiful sign and our awesome shirts! Kevin Young for doing an amazing job spiffing up the paint inside and out!
My incredible neighbor Kaylee, of Pinky's Painted Cottage, for just being there and helping so much to put the Event together so I could focus on the Studio.

Bruce Evenson and Ron Putnam for all their help with studio lighting and many other last minute questions. (Thank you both so much for being at the opening, it meant so much:-)

One more group of people I adore are the many wonderful fellow photographers who have helped me be the photographer I am now. Being a part of this photography community is so special and I'm lucky to have them in my life.

Thank you to Ron Putnam, Niko Williams, Sheri Kendrick, 'Papa' Bruce Evenson, Kevin Newsome, Pepito, Michelle Ferguson, Amy Parrish, Chuck Vosburgh and so many more!!

Thank you, Thank you!!!!



The Studio!


2 comments:

Jessica Ziegler said...

the studio is beyond fabulous!

it was such a pleasure to meet you and your husband!!

Tanya - PerfectlyFlawedWoman said...

Thanks Jessica. It was great to meet you too!
Tanya