My photo
mother. wife. photographer. friend. lover of life. animal defender. reader. traveler. boho girl. risk-taker. dreamer. mistake maker. flawed, but perfectly.

22 July 2008

Our Atlanta Adventure

I'm still reeling from this past weekend. We attended an amazing photography business workshop at the PPA headquarters in Atlanta. It was two jam packed days of valuable information to help us get this business off to the right start. I'm so excited and we met so many wonderful and talented photographers. We drove up with the family and dropped the kids off in Gainesville with Uncle Joey and Aunt Heather then proceeded to Atlanta for a weekend alone. On the way we stopped in Macon,GA for lunch. We enjoy seeing new places. It was a cute town, much of what I expected really. We ate at the Market City Cafe and had the most pleasant server that we've had in a very long time named Paige. Ask for her if you ever stop in!

It's been a long time since either of us had been in Atlanta, it's really a pretty city. We had a chance to see some friends while in town. We did a family photo session on Friday night with Tobey and Amiee Russell. There daughter is a fireball and cute as a button! (Pictures coming soon!) My favorite rocker guy friend of ours, Chris took us to an amazing Italian restaurant called Il Localino in the Highlands Area of Atlanta. It was perfect, gaudy, loud, good wine and people. My family history is Italian and I love this! The closer together and louder the better. One big happy family. To make it even better, at 9p they turn on the disco ball and pump up the disco music. That's right! We saw our friend Jeff and finally met his lovely wife!
So we really packed in a lot in three days! Whew! We arrived home early Monday afternoon and I thought I would be taking a day off to rest my brain... lol. NOT! I was too excited and got on the computer and started executing all the things we'd learned! So many exciting things on the way!

Meet Paige

Here's the cafe. Great Bobie sandwich, you know the one... Turkey, stuffing and cranberry relish, YUM!

Woo Hoo, we've arrived!

Introducing Il Localino! We had a wonderful bottle of wine, Sebastiani Pinot Noir 2006. I can still taste the caramel and raisins.


Meet Chris!


My other half and partner in Tanya Sharkey Photography!

No comments: